WAUKEGAN TOWNSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
Below you will find the eligibility requirements for the 2016 Waukegan Township Scholarship. If you should have additional questions, please contact Octavius Hayes at 847-244-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for a Waukegan Township Scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
• Currently enrolled college students or any person wanting to further their post high-school education.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and resident of Waukegan Township.
• Must have a history of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership
responsibilities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer
activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
• Must submit a 500-word essay on "The Role of Local Government in Today's Society and in the Future."
• Must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people.
• Must submit an official high school transcript.
• Must submit a cover letter and completed application form.
• Must enroll at an Illinois school as a full-time undergraduate student.
• Must be a registered voter, providing that you are at least 18 years of age.
• The deadline for this application and required documentation is April 5, 2016.
• All applications must be RECEIVED by April 5, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
• Late applications will not be considered.
• You must meet all the eligibility criteria (see eligibility criteria above).
• All parts of the application must be typed or be legible in order to be considered.
• All attachments must contain your full name and social security number..
2016 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION