Waukegan Township continues its efforts to assist area seniors, transitional facilities for men and women with children, scholarships for our youth and much more.
We have an online application portal for submitting employment applications. Applications are required for all positions and must be applied for online. Job postings include job descriptions and any other pertinent information for positions available.
Please follow the link below to be redirected to our application portal:
Weekend House Specialist:
(Monitoring weekend living for residents. Part-Time, first and second shifts available)
▪ Ability to independently oversee and maintain a clean and safe environment.
▪ Ability to manage crisis situations.
▪ Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, required
▪ Prior Human Services experience in a residential setting with children/families.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with residents and staff
▪ Possess good organizational and computer skills
▪ Dependable and punctual
▪ Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred
Excellent opportunity for a conscientious, hard-working individual. Work consists of maintaining the Staben House facility. "Handyman" skills are desired. Part-Time / 20 hours per week / Monday-Friday.
- Performs corrective maintenance repairs
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and repairs
- Must be physically able to perform manual tasks, including lifting
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Perform janitorial maintenance
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Waukegan Township policies, procedures, work and safety rules
Summer Youth Opportunity / Youth Lawn Maintenance Program
This paid summer program provides seasonal lawn maintenance services to Waukegan Township Senior Citizens.
▪ Applicants must have residency within Waukegan Township boundaries
▪ 40 Hours per week
▪ Must be 18 to 24 years old
▪ Currently enrolled in High School or College/University
▪ Must be of sound physical condition in order to perform heavy manual work in all types of weather and be able to operate a variety of mechanical equipment.
Seeking on-call Driver to transport customers
- Valid CDL Driver’s License with passenger endorsement required.
- Clean driving record, required.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, tactful, courteous and dependable.
- Must be flexible to accommodate varying events on evenings and weekends.