Waukegan Township continues its efforts to assist area seniors, transitional facilities for men and women with children, scholarships for our youth and much more.
We have an online application portal for submitting employment applications. Applications are required for all positions and must be applied for online. Job postings include job descriptions and any other pertinent information for positions available.
Please follow the link below to be redirected to our application portal:
Current Open Job Opportunities
Senior Center seeking on-call Driver to transport participants
- Valid CDL Driver’s License with passenger endorsement required.
- Clean driving record, required.
- Experience working with seniors preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, tactful, courteous and dependable.
- Must be flexible to accommodate varying events on evenings and weekends.
Senior Center seeking on-call Exercise Facilitator
- Support Full Time Exercise instructor when needed.
- Experience in facilitating an exercise class.
- Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program Instructor, Preferred
Staben House is seeking House Manager
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, resourceful and dependable House Manager, to monitor weekend living for residents. Second and Third shifts available
- Ability to independently manage position requirements.
- Ability to work effectively during a crisis.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Prior Human Services experience in a residential setting with children/families.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with residents and staff.
- Possess good organizational and computer skills.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Applicants must have residency within Waukegan Township boundaries.
- Must be physically able to perform manual tasks, including lifting.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Perform janitorial maintenance.
- Repair windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall and other parts of the building Painting (interior & exterior).
Perform outside duties to include snow removal, ice removal, and salting during winter months and lawn maintenance and landscaping during summer months.
Perform light plumbing.